Staging Your Home
Steps to Making Your Home Look Great for Potential Buyers
Top 5 Rules to Staging Your Home to Sell
- De-Personalize: Buyers need to picture themselves in the house, not you. Pack up your collections. It says clutter bug to a buyer and while you may have it artfully displayed, you do not want to detract the buyer from the main attraction – your home.
- Maximize: Declutter and maximize the space in your home. Closets packed tight with all your clothes makes a place look like it lacks closet space. Consider temporarily storing the overflow offsite.
- Sanitize: This is the easiest and cheapest way to clean your home – just clean it. It is well worth the elbow grease in cleaning floors, walls, ceiling fans and windows.
- Modernize: Almost all homes can benefit from updating. If someone feels the home is dated, they will reflect that feeling in a lower offer. Consider simple changes like swapping out gold fixtures for nickel or chrome.
- Neutralize: Color can make or break a buyers interest in your home. You may love that bright red wall, but all the buyer sees is a great deal of painting in their future. Painting is one of the most inexpensive ways to change a look of a home.
|Previous: Getting Ready to Sell||Next: Pricing It Right|